FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

7.3.18

#EATS: CHINCHILLA ROOFTOP BAR




Hey babes, and welcome to another (very very very) long awaited blog post. It has taken forever for me to get back here, but regardless I am back and doing the damn thing.

This summer I have been a huge fan of rooftop bars, especially since I live in a city FULL of them. Summer 2017 saw the launch of a number of trendy rooftop bars both in the city center as well as on the beachfront and Chinchilla Rooftop Bar was one of them. Unfortunately since I had virtually no friends in my city at the time, I had been postponing my visit for over a month and then to my surprise, I was invited over for an evening to receive the Chinchilla experience. 

I had heard a lot about Chinchilla before actually going and just like I thought, I was blown away.

We arrived at the restaurant at around 7pm on Friday evening which was the perfect time to watch the sunset from their balcony on Camps Bay promenade. The scenic views which included the sunset, the beautiful beachfront, the palm trees going along Victoria Drive as well as the hustle and bustle of the Camps Bay streets added to the already up-beat and feel-good vibe of the rooftop bar. We were greeted with friendly staff upon arrival who made us feel right at home as well as with the sounds of their in-house DJ who was playing the perfect Friday-sundowner house mixes that got both me and Bontle already bopping our heads to our table. When it came to overall vibe and ambiance? 9/10.
 For the first round of drinks we decided to go for the Watermelon Mint G&T which was a lovely way to start our night with the mix of the bitter gin, tonic and the fruity watermelon. We were slowly sipping our drinks and taking in the scenes while we browsed through the menu deciding what our mains would be. Naturally, Indecisive Zama made an appearance which lead us to ask our lovely waitress to recommend some tasty and filling seafood for us to eat. We both settled on the Salmon En Papilotte which came served on a black grilling pan, wrapped up to soak in all the delicious flavours. When it came to food? An easy 10/10. 



For our next round of drinks we finally decided to go our separate ways with me ordering a Strawberry & Mint Cointreu Fizz and Bontle ordering a Mango Daiquiri. I can't speak for Bontle, but my drink tasted amazing, the strawberry bits that were inside my cocktail truly made it unique and not quite like any cocktail I'd had before. When it came to drinks? I'm saying 9/10.
Lastly we ended off with a classic vanilla creme brulee dessert which was served with a shortbread biscuit, which to my surprise, was a bit underwhelming (considering how overwhelmed with WOW's I was all evening) however it was still tasty. We did, however, consider that we ordered quite close to closing time so that may have played a part in that. All these factors considered, I would say for dessert I give them a 7/10.
Overall, I had an amazing experience at Chinchilla. Everything from the service (which is very important to me), the ambiance, their unique furniture, the views, the food as well as the drinks added to making the evening truly memorable. If you're looking for a place to let loose or you're looking to enjoy yourself with the company of you friends and great music? Chinchilla is definitely for you.
Instagram: @zeexonline

oX - Zee 

No comments: