FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

9.8.16

LOOKPOST: I AM WOMAN


Women's Day is finally upon us and this day holds so much meaning and different feelings for women all over the country. It reminds us, as women, to never forget our value even when others do. It reminds us to break free from the boxes that society traps us in and achieve and be successful in anything we seek to do. It reminds us to be proud of our contributions towards society and to be proud of whatever role we play everyday. It reminds us to never stop lifting each other up in a world that likes to see us down. But most importantly- it reminds us that we are UNSTOPABLE.


"Wathinta abafazi wathint imbokodo"
(You Strike a Woman,You Strike A Rock)

No truer words were spoken. You are great. You are magnificent. You are magic. YOU ARE A WOMAN.

I AM WOMAN
With this look, I decided to go for a feminine, light and airy look that allowed me to show off my curves in a subtle way. I chose this ribbed crop which has super comfortable material for a wearable everyday look, paired with a statement mesh skirt from Mr Price. I fell in love with this skirt as soon as I laid eyes on it, and even had to make the cruel decision of choosing to get it in either black or white (tbh I'll probably be back for the white one). I love it because its super edgy with the mesh, but the midi length makes it a bit more subtle. These shoes were purchased at the Cotton On sale for a fraction of the price and have genuinely been one of my favourite purchase of this sale season, because they look great and are so comfortable. This post was made in collaboration with a brilliant photographer and fellow blogger, Caro Theron (@carotheronto on Instagram and blog) who was able to effortlessly capture these beautiful moments.










 Photography: Caro Theron
Top - H&M

Skirt - Mr Price

Shoes - Cotton On

Bag - ZARA

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your Women's Day

 Zee -oX