FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

16.12.14

LOOKPOST: Aztec Kimono

So vac has been way more low-key than I've expected. You know sometimes when you do that thing where you picture your vac to be one big turnup with beach dates, movies, seeing your mates all the time and whatnot, but when it gets here, it tends to be the opposite? That's my situation right now. Now I know in my last post I was gushing about how stoked I was to do all those fun things, but reality has proven to be the opposite, lol. All I am really interested in doing lately, is sleeping in, watching Gossip Girl (yes, I watched it again from season 1), the occasional workout, browsing through cool blogs and sometimes hanging out with KJ (photographer). This next week, hopefully, I will jump back on the vac band-wagon and start having myself a little more fun, it is summer after all!

Also, super random but for any of you who watched the Miss World pageant yesterday like me, I hope you all went as super crazy and excited and lost your minds when Roleen Strauss, our Miss South Africa was crowned Miss World 2014. WOW. What a great achievement not only for Roleen but for us as a country! I guess great things really do happen with Madiba as a guardian angel.

My Look

I copped this stunning printed kimono about a month ago from the Lalla X Legit line. I fell in love with the colours and of course the fun print of this kimono. This is literally my star piece for summer because it has super light material yet still covers you enough not to get too burnt from the sun. The colours are perfect for summer and can brighten up any outfit you choose to wear it with. The main thing I love about the kimono in general is the fact that you are able to wear it with virtually anything. Be it jeans, shorts, dresses or even skirts, it is so versatile andi s a very good investment for your wardrobe.

(Pictures all Kyte Dlamini Photography)



My edgy cuff was bought for me as a gift from Guess and I love it! It takes a simple look and gives it a more edgy feel with the gold studs and the gold plating on the front.




The denim shorts are also one of my great finds from the Legit stores!



All my rings are from Lovisa (always stay repping) and shoes are my vintage go-to's from Mrs Price. I hope I've inspired a lot of you to jump on this trend! What are some of your summer faves? Let me know! Drop me a young comment with your picks!


Kimono - Legit 

Top - Woolworths

Shorts - Legit

Shoes - Mr Price

Cuff - Guess

Rings - Lovisa

xx





No comments: