FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

29.12.14

LOOKPOST: On To The Next One



So its the 29th of December 2014, meaning we are nearing the end of this exhausting, jam-packed yet thrilling year. As 2014 comes to a close, one can't help but look back on the year and reflect on all the memories, lessons (good or bad) and achievements or failures of the year being left behind. New years give us an opportunity to start over in a sense, with new resolutions and goals for the next 365 days that lie ahead of us. Now I always try to make 'new years resolutions' to guide and help me through the new year, I often forget what they are to be honest but this year I plan on making 3 realistic ones that I'll for sure stick to.

1. Work Harder - 2015 marks the end of my high school career. The year that (is supposed) to map out my future and determine where I will be in the next few years. I plan on working hard academically, in my relationships with those close to me, and of course on my new baby, my blog. This has proven to be one of the best decisions I have made all year, and I'm sticking to it, lol. 

2. Live a healthier lifestyle - Not only do I want to strive to have a healthier diet more consistently and make time for gym and more activities I enjoy, I would like to live a more spiritual lifestyle and take moments this year to reflect more often and just be. Going for walks, going to church or just reading by myself. I believe it is in these moments when one is truly able to just find oneself in all the craziness that is our everyday lives. 

3. To be fearless - Too many times in my life, I find that I tend to be scared to do or say certain things because of the way it may be perceived/make me look. Next year I will to dare to stand out, be different and not be afraid to be Zee (see what I did there!). I want my blog to flourish, myself to flourish and everyone around me to just FLOURISH. 

About This Look
I bought this really cute pleated scuba skirt from Mr Price a while ago and haven't actually had anywhere to wear it to (YET) but I love it! It is super cute and perfect for summer. Perfect length, colour and material (for those wondering, its mostly polyester and 10% cotton but obviously doesn't trap heat because of the structure). It is definitely a statement piece if you're a girl that likes to stand out! The shoes I bought more recently from LEGiT. I love these heels because they are super comfy and add a cute pop of colour to the outfits I wear it with. I like to wear them with a basic colour palette, and let the blue suede give my outfit the extra POP.






Top - Mr Price

Skirt - Mr Price

Shoes - LEGiT

Sunnies - Spitfire

Bag - Jo Borkett


This is my last blog post for the year, so this is it from Ya Girl in 2014! Its been real folks, I can't wait for what next year will bring for both KJ (of Kyte Dlamini Photography) and I, but one thing is certain, that we plan on being and doing better!
So as for you, dream bigger, live louder and don't let limits or people define what you are capable of! Lets make 2015 one for the books, yeah?

Zee - oX











2 comments:

One Stiletto At A Time said...

I love your style hun!!!

Adding you to my Bloglovin feed :)

XoXo One Stiletto At A Time

Zee said...

Thank you so much, I appreciate it X