FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

8.7.15

BEAUTY: HAIR DIARIES

So a few weeks back I decided to venture into the unknown world (well, to me) of coloured braids. Now I know you're probably thinking "WHATS THE BIG DEAL YO?" but actually to me my hair is actually a huge deal, lol. I have always loved experimenting with my hair in terms of different styles with my braids and natural hair. I've cut fringes, done super long braids, corn-rows, you name it. But I have always been so scared to try colour for the fear of looking strange and having to live with it for a whole month!

The other day when I decided to go fiber shopping with the lady who does my hair, I came across this colour and she launched me into trying it. Now, the hair shop was fairly dark and so the fibre looked about 3 shades darker in the shop, but as she was braiding I saw that the colour was MUCH lighter than I anticipated. I decided to embrace the colour and pray it looked good, and yaaaaaaas *victory lap* it does! Since I put it on a lot of my female followers on Facebook and IG have dm'ed me and asked me about it so I decided to do a young photo-shoot and show you all how it really looks (without the filters). These are just regular single twists and are so great for protecting your natural hair in winter. I would SO recommend anyone who is feeling iffy about if they should try colour or anything new with their hair to just go for it (especially my ethnic ladies). It really is just hair.

Photos: Kyte Dlamini Photography


Hair - One Million Braids, Brown Ombré

Top - Pick 'n Pay Clothing

Thank you again for stopping by!

Zee - oX

No comments: