FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

16.8.15

MBFWCT - The Intern



A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to attend Mercedes Benz Fashion Week as an intern for Tart - Clothing. I first saw Tart at MBFWJ earlier this year and fell hoplessly in LOVE with their designs.
From gorgeous silhouettes, bright and vibrant colours and of course their signature fringe coats, skirts and dresses. When they agreed to have me as an intern for Cape Town's annual fashion week I was so excited to meet and work with the brains behind this line. I learn't so much through this experience and was truly able to see the hard work and dedication that designers put into their work. The fashion industry is not always as glamorous and as superficial as it seems and I think I was able to really appreciate the garments a whole lot more now that I had seen just how much work and preparation goes into these gorgeous designs that we see on runways.

I was able to share this experince with my doll Zena (Dressed - The Blog) and we had such fun working at Cari's Studio, backstage moving clothing and organisiong shoes, working the designer guest ticket booth and of course Cari's Tart Clothing show which was nothing short of amazing!

Thank you all again for stopping by <3
(p.s academia has taken me, so blogging will have to take a bit of a back seat for a while.. still have mad love for you guys!)

Ya Girl,
Zee oX