FASHION + BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE

Pages

30.11.14

EVENT: Dune London SS14 Summer Trends Talk ft Aisha Baker

On Saturday 28 November, Dune London and fashion blogger Aisha Baker of Baked The Blog hosted the SS14 Summer Trends Talk at the Dune London store in Canal Walk. This was my first 'event' to do with anything remotely related to blogging and fashion so as you can imagine I was really excited to learn from and chat to Aisha! I was also pretty stoked because I have seen her and one of my other favourite bloggers, Crystal Kasper of New Hipster  rocking Dune London heels in their lookposts so I couldn't wait to see what they had in store for their customers this summer.

The event really did live up to my expectations. Customers were greeted with a glass of juice or champers (yes, juice for me) by the very friendly staff at Dune London and then by Aisha. We then were actually able to interact on a one on one basis with Aisha and she took all of her customers through the store, going through the different trends and giving a really personal feel to her tour. There was a variety of styles, colours, and patterns on the bags, shoes and purses so there was literally something for everyone. My personal favourite for yearly looks, was 'Graphic Impact' because it was a sort of mix between chill and edgy, a look that I really love because it is easy to dress up or down and there were mainly neutrals in the collection, which is what I'm about! For summer, I really like 'Citron Pop', it had very vibrant, bright colours and included colour blocking, a a trend that I love for summer!

The best part  about the experience for me, was having a one on one with Aisha where she gave me really great tips about blogging and just in general way to deal with all that comes with it. After talking to someone I admire and whose work I love, I felt inspired to share my blog, to do better and become the best that I can be in terms of blogging. She was really such a treat!



(Pics: Dune London Facebook Page)


Zee - oX

No comments: